Archive for September, 2006

Version 1.1.2

Recently I began poking around on the PalmSource developer site and came across their self certification program. This allows a developer to claim their application is “Palm Powered” - I figured that this couldn’t hurt. The self test process is pretty easy, and for the most part its very simple. They do ask that you run the “gremlins” tool against your application for 100,000 events for 10 unique seeds (1million events total). List passed this without any problem - I need to make sure I’ve properly completed the self test and then I can claim to be “Palm Powered”.

Of course I can’t leave well enough alone, so I started to run a lot of gremlin testing on List (many millions of events). This turned up 3 interesting bugs, all of them are fixed in version 1.1.2.

  1. An error where the insert position of the quick find field could be zero in special situations - this would result in calling the OS with a -1 insert position which is a bad thing.
  2. In the edit view it was possible to have room left for only a partial line of text, this caused problems when the table redraw happened.
  3. Again in the edit view, the wrong font could be used to calculate the width of the category labels, this also caused table redraw problems.

All 3 of the problems likely only flagged on the debug ROM, but they were legitimate problems. I continue to try to isolate some sort of test case to track down the Treo issues - if anyone has a repeatable test case, please let me know.

Version 1.1.2 can be found on the download page.

5 comments September 12th, 2006


Calendar

September 2006
M T W T F S S
« Aug   Nov »
 123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
252627282930  

Posts by Month

Posts by Category